Friday 16 September 2011

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! My name is Katy, I come from Hong Kong. This is my sixth years to study in Canada. I am the only child in my family. The hardest thing to be an international student is always missing my mother and the place where I come from. When I studied in Hong Kong, I feel fair of public speaking but in canada I am really afraid and worried of public speaking because english is my second language. It is really hard to speak in front of everyone with confidence. I am a third years student in University of Alberta so this is my second last year to being a university student. I am looking forward to my graduation. I am majoring in Textile and Clothing and my minor is Fashion Merchandising. I really love everything related to Fashion and clothing.

In the fashion industries, there are many jobs which need a good communication skills with others such as fashion designers, fashion buyers and fashion editors. As I study in my program, I always need to communicate with others by face to face or social media. We have a lots of presentation in class to introduce our designs. Also, I had a design project which was using a blog to convey my design works to people. Social media really plays an important role in nowadays, people can check the latest news from E-mail, Facebook and Twitter. These kind of social medias are essentials for us. They become part of our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment